Sunday, October 25, 2009

Flea Markets - one of my favorite things to do



I have always loved a good flea market!  For several years I have been complaining that I need to clean out the attic, the room over the garage, and get some of the 'stuff' out of my house.  About six weeks ago this flea market opened near where I live, so I finally took the leap and rented a booth (which are 12x14) and moved my stuff in this past Friday evening.




So here is my first attempt at being a vendor at the Flea Market.  It was a slow week-end since the State Fair is in town, but I made enough to cover the booth rental and make a few bucks for myself.  I am looking forward to next week-end since I have more stuff to move into the booth, to replace the stuff I sold.  The building is not full yet, but will be soon I am sure.  The vendor on my left sells paintings and prints, and the vendor to my right has literally hundreds of book, lots of antique glass and sodas and candy.

It was a long two days for me since I am not used to standing on concrete floors all day.  I am tired, but I am sure I will adjust.  I will also start selling the purses I make, and possibly little girls dresses.  Hoping that the upcoming holidays will bring lots of shoppers. 

Hope you all had a great week-end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment