Saturday, January 29, 2011

Will Winter Ever Stop

I cannot believe how cold and dreary it has been for the past 2 months.  Since I live in an area where we rarely get more than an inch of snow per winter, it has been quite the surprise that we have had 3 snow storms since mid-December, the biggest was 8 inches of snow.  I know that those of you that live in 'snow country' are laughing about our piddling little 8 inches of snow, but I swear this state only has 2 snow plows, so everything closes down immediately if there is a snowflake.  My grandchildren already have 3 snow days to make up this school year.  It does not appear that this weather in the east is going to stop any time soon.  It seems there is a jet stream holding, and I heard on a weather program the other night that we can expect a storm every 3-5 days for the next few weeks.   We just had 2 days of rain, and the report says another 2 days of storms will arrive on Tuesday.  I am so going to enjoy spring, if/when it ever gets here.  I just keep marking off the days until March 1st, hopefully that will be the beginning of the weather change.  I am choosing to believe this, so please do not burst my bubble. 

So to add a little sunshine to my life, my darling daughter has been taking pics with her iPhone and sending them to me.  This makes me smile and feel warm (even though it is so freaking cold).

Here is the latest pic I received yesterday.  She titled it 'Kicking and Talking'.  I call it 'cute'.

She will be 3 months old in 11 days. 

 Till next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment