Friday, January 20, 2012

Some things are just not fair ** UPDATED**

1/30/12 Edited to Update News:  This beautiful little boy had surgery this morning.  The news was so much better than anticipated!  NO Retinoblastoma.   The mass behind his eye is a disease in which the retina and retinal pigment epitheluim are fused togethter to make a benign tumor like area.  Chances of delayed vision development in the other eye are likely.  No definite diagnosis on vision yet, but this is great news!


I am trying really hard not to spend the night crying.  A sweet friend just got news that her adorable 3 month old son is not only blind, but there is a strong possibility that he has retinoblastoma.  One of his eyes has a mass behind it and the retina is detached.  The other eye appears okay but no information is reaching the visual cortex, so he is totally blind (cannot even see any light) in both eyes.  They will have to do another procedure in 10 days to determine how bad this situation is and possibly start him on Chemo.

My heart is breaking for this family.  They have a daughter that will be two years old soon.  They are a wonderful young couple that have been part of my life for the past 4 years and I truly care deeply for all of them. 

I would be very grateful if you would please keep this family in your thoughts and/or prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Keli,
    I am so sorry..These things (sigh) are so incredibly unfair. I always struggle for words and understanding when I hear of these horrible things. I will hold up your friends with positive thoughts and prayers.
    Incidentally, I am dealing with my own unfair. I was laid off my job on January 13th. came as a complete shock as I asked 60 days ago if I needed to look for a job and was told no. I have devoted myself to that company and worked my butt off. I deserved more than a weeks notice after 13 years.
    Not fair either
    Hugs Friend hope all else is well with you
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so sorry :( I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. Thanks for sharing so we can pray.

    ReplyDelete