Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman

Earlier this evening two of my grandchildren were outside their home with a neighbor boy and saw something that scared them speechless.  The neighbor boy had his camera with him, so he snapped these two pictures (which my daughter-in-law sent to the local news station).


After checking online my DIL discovered that today (11/17/10) is the day of the Leonids Meteor Shower.  It indicates that it will be at it's peak at 4AM, however these pictures were taken after 4PM.
More research indicated it could have been (and I stress could have been) the Tempel-Tuple Comet, which has only been seen approximately 5 times, the last time was in 1997. 

I really have no idea what it was, but it is definitely interesting.  It appeared to be to big to be a meteor, but was it a Comet.....well your guess is as good as mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment