Friday, October 2, 2009

Take Me Out To The Ball Game


Last night I attended my 10 year old granddaughter's softball game. I have been to 99% of her ball games over the last couple of years, but last night was the most exciting. It was cold, there were millions of bugs, and we were on the edge of our seats. For the first time at the end of the game the teams were tied and had to play an extra inning!!! The other team was up first and did not even get on base, three batters, three outs.

Then our team was up, First batter struck out! Second batter got a base hit, third batter got a great hit and due to an error (overthrow) by the other team the person on base got all the way to home and it was all over! The girls were so excited, as were all the parents and other spectators. It is too bad the season is over as these girls are just now learning to play as a team. Well, there is always next spring. Oh, and my granddaughter was playing third base. She has rotated between catcher, first base and third base. I love watching her play, she is a good sport and always does her best.

Oh and did I tell you it was cold and there were millions of bugs.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment about my sweet boy & his monkey. Just curious how you found my blog? I think it is great that you like to read my blog.

    Now on to my comment.
    I to also have a son who loves to play ball. He is now doing Midnight Suns, which lets them improve their skill till baseball season starts in April here. We also have lots of bugs, however we also deal with RAIN! Most of our games are played in the rain. And they do not cancel games due to rain. Our kids learn to play in the mud, and us parents learn to watch in the cold,wet, yuck....

    Agian thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete