Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Weather Outside is Frightful, oops that should be Delightful

We have had several days of absolutely beautiful weather and after the cold from last week, it was sooo welcome.  I managed to get my lawn mowed, which is my least favorite thing to do.  Hopefully this warn spell will not cause it to grow to fast.  This time of year I always think (when I am mowing), this might be the last time I have to do this until Spring!!

My favorite thing this time of year is when the local markets get Cranberries.  I love Cranberries!!  I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes with you. 

Cranberry Streusel Pie - The season's bright berry meets walnuts and cinnamon

1 - piecrust (homemade or store bought)
2 cups fresh cranberries (you can use frozen, but I like fresh better)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large egg
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Put your crust into a 9-inch pieplate, fold edges, and crimp
Stir together cranberries and next 4 ingredients, and spoon into the piecrust
Whisk together egg and remaining ingredients, and pour over cranberry mixture
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.  Reduce temperature to 350 degrees, and bake 30 minutes

I love this pie with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, or a dollop of whipped cream.  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment