Friday, January 8, 2010

What I Do When I Am Sick!!!

It started earlier this week with a headache that lasted for three days, then on Wednesday afternoon I started sneezing, and it went on for several hours, then I woke up on Thursday with what I refer to as the 'winter crud'.  It does not appear to be a full fledged cold, but my head feels like a balloon.  So what I do when I am sick is to make food that sounds like something I want to eat. 



So I made a crockpot full of barley and vegetable soup.  I has been cooking all day and smells really good.

So then I got to thinking that after I eat a big bowl of soup, I might be interested in something for dessert.  So I baked these. 



Yummy Apple Turnovers (without any sugar)

I plan to fully enjoy my dinner tonight.  I am hoping that I will start feeling better soon, I have to much to do to be sick for a week or two. 

10 comments:

  1. How could you not feel better after eating that yumminess??? Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be over for dinner. I'll leave the kids at home. lol

    I hope you feel better soon. It's this dang weather I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Im planning on making a big pot of chili this weekend. For some reason that type of food always make ya feel better. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY!! They both look great!!

    Hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those DO look great! That ought to help you feel better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks SO good! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be right over.It all looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you are still not feeling well but your barley and veg soup looks great. I've been reading back in your blog and your pics always makes me hungry! I hope you fell better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh! I hate the winter cold! They are tough to shake! I carry around zinc all winter to try and prevent it. The soup looks delicious! I've got beer cheese soup in the crock pot as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are feeling better now Keli ! Those look like very yummy treats to help with your sickness !

    ReplyDelete