Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rain and more rain

 **Update at 11:30 PM**
Just watched the weather update and they are now saying that 6 inches of rain is a low estimate and we could get double digit rainfall.  Flood warnings are being streamed at the bottom of the screen on all channels.  I think I better build an ark! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I live in the path of the storm that was formerly Hurricane Ida.  It started raining earlier today and now they have issued flash flood warnings for the next two days.  According to the weather guessers, we could get as much as 6 inches of rain over the next 36 hours.  I know we need the rain, but do we have to get it all from one storm?

Oh well, I guess it is my opportunity to sew, read and watch good movies, thanks to Netflix.  Two of my grandchildren will grace me with their presence on Wednesday night because their parents have a work schedule conflict.  It is always fun to have them here overnight, but this time will be a challenge because the spare room is covered wall to wall with my sewing projects, that includes the bed!  I think maybe I will let them camp out on the floor in the ready-beds we use for traveling.  They are easy to please, so some hot cocoa with marshmallows and they will think we are camping.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment